Domestic Violence/Relationship Violence Honor Walk
YWCA Greater Lafayette
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Thursday, October 19, 2023
7:30pm — 8:00pm
We would love to invite you to participate in our Domestic Violence/Relationship Violence Honor Walk at 7:30pm on Purple Thursday, October 19th. The event will begin at Purdue University KRACH Lawn and end at Memorial Mall. Participants are encouraged to wear purple in honor of survivors and those who have lost their lives to DV/RV. The event is expected to last 30 minutes.
There will not be tabling or a speaker at this event, we plan on having signs with QR codes that will lead attendees to a “silent tabling” event. Attendees will be able to leave with information about campus and community resources at their fingertips.
Groups or individuals will have two options for involvement the night of the walk:
- Be assigned a designated spot along the walking route and hold an LED tealight to create a path of light for the walkers. Once the last walkers pass by, the *candle bearers will fill in behind the walkers.
- Meet at KRACH lawn on the corner of 3rd and Martin Jischke and join other participants in walking the route over to Memorial Mall.
Once all walkers have arrived at Memorial Mall there will be 3 minutes of silence, a signal will be given, and walkers will disperse.
*The route candle bearers will be provided with detailed instructions that will include:
- How and where they will receive or pick up their led candle and holder for themselves/organization.
- Where they will stand along the route.
- When to join in behind the walkers.
- Where to stand at Memorial Mall.
- When to “extinguish” their candle.
- The Drop points around Memorial Mall for their led candles.
To indicate if/how your organization would like to participate in this event, please use this link: https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8cSMeDcq2rERMLI.
For More Information Contact